Friday, June 09, 2006

Warning! Some World Cup Content

The legendary Hugo Sanchez. After last nights little hissy fit, it seems Blogger is back to behaving itself. For how long though? So, the World Cup is upon us and I have to admit, going by the first game I'm very much looking forward to the whole tournament. It's a bit of a strange atmosphere here in Scotland. Not having qualified, you have a situation whereby a football daft nation has to find a country to support in bars and living rooms up and down the land. Some will back teams which contain players from the clubs they support, others will back the sublime(Brazil, Italy, France) and the ridiculous(Trinidad & Tobago, Togo, England) and others in between. Me? I say back Mexico. Go on, think of all that tequila and Sol it gives you an excuse to neck, think of the sombreros and ponchos................... Especially the sombreros and ponchos!!! Sanchez performing his trademark overhead kick which usually resulted in................ Of course, the national debate in 'chilly jocko land' (TM Jimmy Greaves) is whether we should support England at the World Cup. Possible future Prime Minister and Scotsman Gordon Brown is gunning for England. Most Scots are not of this opinion. Then again, most Scots aren't looking to win the votes of an inreasingly suspicious English public when it comes to politicians from north of the border. In a way, for anyone of a reasonable disposition it's a bit of a pain in the arse. I despise that whole 'i'll support anyone who's playing England' thing that goes on here. It's not a bit of fun to some of these cocksuckers you know. Having almost got into a fight once with some Tartan Army goon because I had the temerity to suggest that England equalising against Germany would make for an 'interesting game', I know all too well the low self esteem and the massive chip on the shoulder displayed by these sad characters. The other side of the coin of course is when we get the finger wagging reprimand from the race relations mob telling us how to behave, BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED! As stated above, it's a minority problem and I don't approve but you know how it is when people start telling you what to do................. For the record, I am resigned to the fact that one day England will win another world cup. No point in getting worked up about it. I will indulge in a little schaddenfreud should they come a cropper, I have to admit that. I certainly shan't be running down to the pub to join in the communal drunken (self) loathing. How boring. ...........his trademark backflip celebration. Unless it's Mexico of course, in which case..................I Am El Gringo Sombrero!!!!!!!! Or something..... Cheers.

3 comments:

Clairwil said...

Pah! I can't believe you've deserted Germany after one shit game! Are you really a thistle fan? As for the England thing I couldn't give a fuck how England fare. It's win win for Scotland either way. They lose and we get to gloat or they win and we get our independance. Like I say a result either way.

ill man said...

Good point about the independence thing, that had crossed my mind.

As for Germany, I don't think I could muster the enthusiasm to 'support' anyone at the world cup with any vigour. I will admit though to being a contrary sod and maybe my hastily adopted nation will meet yours at some point along the way............

Oh, and if I see or hear that utter dickstain Ian Wright on my television again i'm afraid I shall not be able to contain myself. The man is an absolute fucking halfwit.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Public down blouses pictures of zoloft 1985 lamborghini countach Bontril pdm oral appetite suppressants Apartment in southwest houston Gps tracking unit for car honda accord lease teenage+girls+big+breasts http://www.botox-california.info/pinhole_surveillance_camera.html