Thursday, February 08, 2007

1Hundredwords (1)


I listen and I watch. I Listen for footsteps and voices behind me. I watch the city and my reflection. Out of the window and across the sodium orange glow I gaze and wonder why I'm here and not out there somewhere, existing instead of waiting. I put the vacuum away and stand in front of the drinks machine. Tomato soup or hot chocolate. The acme of my evening and the only responsible decision I will make today. You can't buy this kind of freedom, whole floors of buildings to yourself for hours on end. It'll have to end someday.

5 comments:

alan said...

very nice photo there....

are you turning into jean-paul sartre?

SzélsőFa said...

Wow, nice.

Sandra said...

Very nice. All of it.

Anonymous said...

A special post.

iLL Man said...

Alan - "are you turning into jean-paul sartre?"

I've just re-read it and yes, you have a point....

That's Cosy Powell's helicopter in the bottom right of the photo, or so I'm told.

Szelsofa - Thank you missus :)

Sandra - You too. My turn to get a big head I suppose.....

May - Thankyou, praise indeed.