Wednesday, March 07, 2007

'Hair By Maurice'



All it took was one glance in a mirror that happened to be sitting in the window of an antiques shop I was passing . I think I got an attack of self loathing, decided my hair was a disgusting mess and doubled back to the Turkish barbers I'd just passed. Ten minutes later and I'm somewhat lighter (and colder) on top and distinctly happier.
Response at work?

"Yay, iLL Man's had a Britney", followed by the inevitable question....

"So, does your head not get cold?"

Oddly enough, yes it does. What is the point of this question? What do they think I'm going to say?

"No, it's ok, I keep a three bar fire under my hat to keep it warm......."

That said, I know someone at work who's balding from the back and spends thirty quid getting his hair 'done'. Why? If anyone were ever in need of a No1 cut, it's him.......



Anyway, I was moved to a new seat the other day and I'm frankly unimpressed. I reckon I'm 'under surveillance' by the supervisor because he thinks I'm not doing enough work. Fair enough, I'm not........God it's the most awful shitey work and now I can't even send sneaky emails and look at the net on the sly. The guy across from me loves it of course. He wants to be a para-legal or something, the poor fucker, can't get enough of the old title deeds and whatnot. As if being an obsessive Celtic fan wasn't enough.....Anyway, I was on the verge of getting out a few weeks ago, but you know how these things go, you need a few runs at it before you take off.......


10 comments:

alan said...

great photo! and the britney doesn't look too bad either.

SzélsőFa said...

You look somehow more... serious...or serial...seriously bad pun intended :)

Anonymous said...

I hope your colleague does one of our paralegal training programmes and not our rivals' ;)

Billy said...

Haircut! Haircut!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Your chin is hairer than your head. A monk's bald patch would be an interesting fashion statement.

Lorna said...

That's a fine haircut, but remember to wear a hat when it's cold out - "You'll catch your death" and other such motherly sayings spring to mind ;)

Liking the beard, too.

Sandra said...

Definitely beard and 'do are very good.

Kav said...

Cool. I always wanted to do that, but never had the guts.

Now you'll be easy to recognise when I go spotting for you in Glasgow.

iLL Man said...

Alan - Cheers, on both counts.

Szelso Fa - No, I think you've got that one right, I do look quite 'serial' ;)

Lism - Och no, he's getting all the training he needs at G**ds. Sifting through title deeds that haven't seen daylight since 1925.

Billy - So good you said it twice....:D

Mr Gorilla Bananas - Welcome! Yeah, need to trim the beard a bit, I look a little too much like a bassist in a bad heavy metal band. I'll suggest the 'monk style' to my friend at work.

Lorna - I've not been wearing a hat, but I don't really need it, it's not that cold. To be honest, with the amount of rain we've been getting up here, I was always liklier to get pneumonia with long hair....As for the beard, it says 'Hi!'

Sandra - Cheers missus! Hows things? Sad to see yr not blogging anymore. Do stick yr head round the door every so often and say hello. =D

iLL Man said...

Kav - I first did it about fourteen years ago and it's been pretty much an annual occurrance since. I wouldn't reccommend it though, some people just look plain scary with a skinhead, you might be one of them....("~)

As for recognising me, you'll have a job, I take a crack troop of Hari Krishnas with me everywhere I go. I'll just be another egg shell in the box mate......;)