Monday, July 07, 2008

Marc Chagall

Not often I say a word of thanks to Google, but in this instance, I offer my gratitude to them for reminding me that today (7th of July) was Marc Chagall's birthday. He would have been 121 years old.
A Gallery of his paintings can be found here
I don't think I need to go into too much detail about what it is about Chagall's work that I love. I could stare at his paintings all day. For me, he's the ultimate expressionist painter, a man who crammed his work with symbolism and emotion and humour.
Double Portrait With Wineglass by Marc Chagall

2 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

I browsed through some of his works on the site you suggest. Now I've had my share of paintings and fine art for the day:))

Thank you - otherwise one do not always finds time for activities like this.

iLL Man said...

No problem Szelsofa. Happy to have helped yr day along.