Monday, July 14, 2008

They Told Me It Was All A Dream.........

I'm taking a big stick to work with me tomorrow, so I can shove it between the spokes of any passing cyclists................. Some definitions for the mentally challenged. Road - For Uni-cycles, Bi-cycles, auto-cycles and auto-mobiles. And motorcycle sidecar combinations. Sinclair C5's are something of a grey area. Pavement - For pedestrians, pedestrians and possibly some more pedestrians. And maybe those electric shopping buggies OAP's use (David Duff was telling me he's got some 'Go Faster Stripes' and a little flag on the back of his. I was dead jealous...) I'm also preparing myself to witness my first ever pedestrian road accident. They've just recently altered the lights at Charing Cross, but it still hasn't deterred some idiots from playing chicken with whatever traffic is coming round that blind bend into Woodlands Road. Maybe I should take a shovel with me too...............

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those mobility scooters are dangerous, I've almost been knocked over by those speeding oaps on too many occasions. I also believe that there have been a few fatalities due to collisions with mobility scooters.
As Bill Hicks would say "who'd have thunk it?".

iLL Man said...

Aw c'mon.... They do about 5mph! They'll run over yr foot or give you a bang on the ankle at the very worst. The only fatalities that arise are cases where the driver has fallen asleep at the controls and they veer into the road or somesuch.....

I hear they're great for racing though.

Anonymous said...

'Ill Man', you forgot my nodding dog.

And I'll be on the look out for you, Mr. O'Keefe, if you , so watch it!

Oblong said...

I never get out of the way for people cycling on the pavement even sometimes 'accidentally' walking in front of them forcing them to stop. You can see their little faces starting to fill with rage before they are forced to relinquish the tention as they know I'm right!! I really can be a smug twatt.

iLL Man said...

David - I thought you'd removed it to improve the aerodynamics?

With regard to Mr O'Keefe, I'd be grateful if you could avoid running him over on my doorstep. Ta! ;)

Matt - It's often an instinctive reaction to get out of the way of these half-wits, but yes, you're correct, willful obstruction is probably the only answer.

11:32 PM