Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fuck Me! A Fox!

Ambling home in the drizzle tonight from a night at the pub, I caught sight of something wonderful. It was on Woodlands Road, just at the Presbyterian church. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something much larger than just a scabby tomcat, and certainly more graceful than any stray mutt. At a distance and in the murky darkness I was about 98% sure it was a fox. It went up a cobbled alley, at which point I decided to follow at a respectful distance. It darted into the church grounds before I got near it, but I got an excellent, if fleeting view of this beast as it headed for a bit of privacy from half cut nosy bastards like me. We eyeballed at a distance of maybe 25-30 feet, through a fence before it made it's way into the foliage and out of sight. Needless to say I walked home with a big old grin and a feeling that the day had'nt been a total waste of time. In other news, I see Archies Bar on the corner of Wellington and Waterloo streets has burnt to a cinder. This was the venue for The Goat Club, who were kind eneough to allow me to perform every so often at their acoustic nights. No longer it would seem. I won't miss their rancid draft beer but I will miss the laid back atmosphere the place generated for customer and performer alike. Looks like I can't fall back on the benevolence of uncle Travis for my forays into live performance anymore........................Time to get out and do it properly.

3 comments:

Clairwil said...

Did you say Good evening Mr Fox? They like that.

ill man said...

Didnt get the chance i'm afraid.

Clairwil said...

If you see him again, ask him if he'd be interested in writing for 'A Mischief Of Magpies'.