Monday, February 06, 2006

Be Careful What You Ask For, You MIght Just Get It.

I go into a studio in roughly a fortnights time to record some songs and I'm absolutely bricking it. I'm beginning to realise i'm distinctly disorganised regarding what I actually want to do in said studio. I also have the following recurring internal dialogue: "The songs are shit" "No they aren't, they're fine" "How would you know?" "C'mon, you've heard James Blunt, haven't you?" "He's a godawful tuneless twat!" "Exactly, everything's fine" "I want My Mum!!!" Not ideal. I mean, i've stood on stage with nothing but an acoustic guitar and a few sketchy songs to showcase my lack of talent and come through the other side unscathed, so what fear should a studio hold for me..................? Don't start me..............

2 comments:

iLL Man said...

Thankyou for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Ah yes. The secret to making women melt. Never been privvy to that one, I must say. I'm about as charming as rabies at times.

Almost ANYONE making music, regardless of how poor it might be is better than James Blunt.

Who is Daniel Powters? Yet another of Jeff Buckleys(God Rest His Soul) worthless bastard offspring i presume.........

iLL Man said...

I'll take your word as gospel on Mr Powter and avoid him at all costs. I mean, did he not think of changing his name? Has he no shame or vanity?

As for the melting issue, i'm just going to settle for a bit of mild thawing on a certain person from my past. I'll let y'all know in due course..............