Saturday, January 14, 2006

Church Spires In Silhouette from Belmont Street Bridge. New Years Day 2006. Good Evening folks. Saw 'Memoirs Of A Geisha' tonight and i'm still picking the shards out of my eyes. It's had a few indifferent reviews, the main complaint being it's superficiality. Not having read the book, I can't comment on the narrative beyond the fact that it's a fairly likeable love story and deals with the consequences of a Geisha falling in love, but by jove, if you must be superficial, at least do it properly. .............And they do, believe me! I was floored. By the lushness of the sets, the gorgeous cinematography, the the stunning outfits and make-up. The whole thing was an absolute pleasure to behold. Oh, and as I said, not a bad old yarn either...........................

No comments: