Sunday, January 28, 2007

I Really Should Get Myself A Saturday Job


Fragments of a weekend
.......................Friday 6pm...............A never ending hike around the the West End of Glasgow looking for a cash machine that works. Then buying stupid amounts of booze. I always tell myself in these situations that it's to last the weekend. Yeah, sure................Saturday 9am...............The inevitable consequences are never pleasant at any time of day, but they are positively vile this early in the day. Pop some Nurofen and sleep for what I hope will be the rest of time..................Central Station 1.30pm............... I realise I've missed the last train to Dumfries and the next one will get me to the game just as it's finishing. No bad thing given the end result.....................The Necropolis 3pm ...........................Fine views but the light is rotten for photography. All I manage are standard issue silhouette shots of grave stones and mausoleums. The enormous statue of John Knox watches over the city and I scuttle off before the weather closes in..................Sunday 4.30pm...............Aimlessly walk through Hyndland and Partickhill. It's better than the usual toddle through the Botanic Gardens but not much.......................5.30pm.................... Feel clammy, grimy and unwashed so I don't make my usual refreshment pit stop when I'm out this way. Not in the mood for conversation either.....................8.45pm.........................Watch small man crash a giant rocket powered roller skate on TV. Definitely the highlight of my weekend........................








No comments: