Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello, I Love You, Won't You Tell Me Your Name...........

Well, that's me on the housing list. A few other avenues to go down, but it's a slight weight off me. I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world sometimes and it's the simplest thing in the world to do, but not for me it would seem. It's taken about four years for me to get my arse in gear on this one.

Anyone hear about the BA employee who misinterpreted company dress code so spectacularly that it took an intervention from The Daily Mail to turn her into a christian martyr figure and get her way..............?

Correct me if i'm wrong here folks, but BA seemingly have a ban on jewelery of all kinds being on show whilst wearing full uniform. It's nothing to do with religion. BA you see, in their infinite wisdom decided that jewelery looked a bit naff hanging outside their uniforms. Especially if you have someone who doesn't know where to stop with the cheap bling. What they hadn't banked on, and maybe this is to their great discredit, is that Mrs Doris Spam of Acton had Jesus/God into her soul and she believed that it was her duty to let all and sundry know about it through the insignia of the cross. I actually have no problem with all this. Maybe she has a point, maybe a small, tastefully displayed cross should be allowed as part of BA uniform if that is indeed the religious belief of the person concerned. I am not BA though and you know how big companies are when it comes to such trifling and unexpectedly contentious subjects..................They get more than just a little bit 'backed up'

My beef is mainly with the Daily Mail and their desire to stir up a 'Culture War' as The Flying Rodent puts it. "Ban The Veil" they screamed during the summer. It's 'Save The Cross' now. It matters not what point-counterpoint goes on between the pages of said publication, this is about letting all these filthy immigrants with their heathen beliefs know that whatever attempts they make to impose their ways (by wearing veils mainly) they won't succeed. BA have caved, inevitably after pressure from high ranking politicians and clergy. Who needs the hassle I suppose.........? I'd have bankrupted BA to fight this to be honest, but then i'm an atheist cunt and as such should be ignored on this matter.......................... The Mail will of course claim that they are merely campaigning for the equal recognition for Christianity when it comes to displaying emblems of faith. They would say that though, wouldn't they............................. Nothing to do with showing them uppity 'Mozzlimz' what's what by any chance?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you will read the Daily Mail, then you must expect to want to throw things before you get as far as page 8.

iLL Man said...

Page 8? Page 1 is all it takes to get me cranky.

I'm going to invest in a pair of blinkers......

Anonymous said...

BA stands for?

iLL Man said...

British Airways.

flyingrodent said...

If you think this is bad, wait 'til they get going on the "War on Christmas" crusade.

It'll shrieks of outrage over halal turkey curry and "Happy Holidays" any second now.

iLL Man said...

All that's just gonna sail over my head, like it does most years. People can send me what they like as far as christmas cards are concerned. They still aren't getting one in return............

Halal christmas turkey? Sounds amusing. I'm off to order mine right now...........

Anonymous said...

BA, I see.

I always buy Christmas cards with the best intentions and never find the time to write them. Same for postcards.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know. I've been meaning to send a postcard manifesto for months.

iLL Man said...

May, I've given up on cards. They can become a bit........meaningless?

Sandra, get to it...............;)